In this episode of TrueCloud’s NetSuite tips we will be discussing how to import online bank statements as well as bank reconciliation. Click on the tutorial video for a step-by-step walk through.
File formats, actions sets and transaction types are listed in further detail below.
Importing Online Bank Statements
Once your banking data has been downloaded from your financial institution or credit card company you can import the data into your NetSuite account.
You can import bank statements in the following formats:
· OFX (Open Financial Exchange)
· QFX (Quicken Financial Exchange)
· QIF (Quicken Interchange Format)
Reconciling Bank Statements
Keep your NetSuite account accurate by reconciling your statements. NetSuite gives you the ability to manually mark transactions as cleared in the check register process if the items have cleared the bank but do not yet appear on a statement. When you reconcile a bank account, all reconciled transactions are automatically marked cleared. Transactions must be both cleared and reconciled before closing a period.
Within the Reconcile Bank Statement page, you can perform the following actions:
· Reset - remove all unsaved changes
· Hold -save your bank reconciliation to work on later
· Refresh - refresh the information on the page
· History - view list of completed bank reconciliations
· Delete - delete the bank reconciliation
· Go to Register - go to the register for the account
Stay tuned for more NetSuite Tips and Tricks,